Friday, February 20, 2009

I think worship is one of the most confused things in the bible. If we were to understand the action of worship from the bible, I believe we'd look like crazies if we were to be observed. Honestly, I have the attitude like David, I don't really care what I look like when I worship - but others do!! 

1. Clapping: "Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!" Psalm 41:1

2. Dancing: "Let them praise His name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!" Psalm 149:3

3. Singing: "What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also." 1 Corinthians 14:15

4. Bowing down: "Come let is bow down in worship; let us kneel to the Lord our maker." Psalm 95:6

5. Surrender: "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship." Romans 12:1

I don't think it matters what outward expression you use to worship God, its what's going on inside your heart. You can be the person whose hands stay lifted up, who sways side to side, who sings the loudest, or who bows at the altar, but if it is not heartfelt and meaningful, then it is NOT worship. 

These are just ways to worship God in song. We also need to realize that worshipping God is also paying your tithe, treating your Husband right, rearing your children to be Godly, helping those in need, etc. Worshipping God should be a lifestyle. This is what I stress to my worship team: Your worship should never cease. I also believe that not only people on worship teams should live this way, but all worshippers of God. We are created to worship Him, the Almighty Father. 

It's not something that should be hard for us to do. God gives us a plethora of reasons to worship Him. In fact, I don't believe we can put a number on how many things we have to worship God about. He created you, he loves you, and he wants you. Now give Him what is due...Worship, true uninhibited worship!


No comments:

Post a Comment