
Will You Be There?
As I was listening to this song today, I started to think about how God never leaves us...it's us that leaves Him. We know that we are created to worship him. How many of us get lost in the logistics of worship? You know, the lifting of our hands, singing on key, closing our eyes, dancing, or however else you may worship. Today I sit here and I think, "yes, we are commanded to do these things, but its where our heart is that makes worship true and sincere. In Lamentations 3:41, we are told to "lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens." I take this as, don't just lift your hands for show, mean it. When you lift those hands, surrender yourself to God; when you sing those lyrics, MEAN THEM.
The answer to my question, "Will you be there?" is yes. He is ALWAYS there. I tell you, I can worship God for this and this alone, yet I have a billion more reasons to worship Him. He's there when we are falling down, when we are cold, when our hearts are turned against him, in the midst of sin and trial, and He's there to celebrate with us in the good times. Unconditional love...WOW! What a treasure that is.
Its only through Him we find true peace. It's only through Him we find rest. He's there guys, always. I think of these Misty Edwards lyrics that say, "I don't wanna talk about You like you're not in the room, I wanna sing right to you..." How many of us can find ourselves with nothing to worship Him for if we know He is always there. Chris Tomlin says, "You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same." And you know what? He does. He really does.
So next time you find yourself wondering if you can make it through something, be reminded that "He will never leave you or forsake you," and fall on your knees and worship.
Yes, He WILL be there...

No comments:
Post a Comment